Mico Fernandez is a fun, dynamic Influencer Marketing Executive for the Philippines at AnyMind Group. As an Influencer Marketing Executive, he is responsible for connecting the right influencers with various campaigns and making sure they run smoothly.
In this interview, he will take us on a journey through his role within the Influencer Marketing team, reveal his favorite aspects of working at AnyMind Group, and delve into the essential skills to be successful in his role.
1) Please share with us your background before joining AnyMind Group. Before Joining AnyMind Group Ph, I was just a college student. Right after college, i took a short break and then I joined AnyMind Group Ph. But it is not my first time hear at AnyMind Ph after I graduated. In fact, I was also an Inter under Creator Growth department before becoming a part of the Influencer Marketing- Direct team.
2) What do you do in your job role, and how does it fit into the wider range of AnyMind Group’s business? I am an Influencer Marketing executive. Basically my job is to connect with different influencers/known creators on the internet for different campaigns. I am the one responsible for making sure that the campaign will run smoothly from start to finish on the side of the influencers.
3) What is an often misunderstood aspect of your job role? I believe the common misconception about our job is that some people think it is an easy job because we only need to talk to influencers. But it is not, there’s a lot of factors we have to take into account, and there’s a lot going on behind the scenes to make sure everything is running smoothly.
4) How has your time been at AnyMind so far? What are the things that stand out to you about the company? Being an employee for almost a year here in AnyMind, it is sometimes challenging but it is also fun. It is fun because of the people in the organization. I am just happy that the people here in AnyMind are easy to get along with and they really know also how to have fun aside from being serious at their work. And I also think that the people that stood out to me. I think without these cool and fun people, my stay here in AnyMind wouldn’t be the same. I just love the people that I work with, those that I talked to during break, and those people who have the same humor as me. I believe the people in AnyMind make it really exciting to work with on a daily basis.
5) How is it like working as part of your local team and also as part of the wider regional unit? What are the unique quirks or habits of the team? It is a privilege to be part of the local team and (I am) grateful to be part of the wider regional unit. It is because there is a sense of accomplishment when the local team or regional team receives numbers or just simply wins. I think the unique quirk of my team is that we really just understand one another. If the mood of the team is kinda low, there will be this one person who will make a joke to make everyone’s mood lighter. And i guess, our weird reactions and sounds we make, it makes our team fun and light. And when it comes to our habits, it is a no brainer to us, IM Direct team, to lend a hand whenever a team needs help. If someone needs extra hands, no question asked. Everyone will make an effort to help the team who is in need of help. And that’s what I love about my team, no one hesitates to lend a helping hand.
6) What are some key traits that you feel people in your role should have, and why? I believe the important qualities one must possess to be an Influencer Marketing are the following. First one is always updated. Since it is part of our responsibility to look for fresh and up and coming content creators/influencers, it is important that we are updated in the world of social media. Then, Sociable. This is an important key trait because you need to talk to a bunch of people in every campaign. If you are not sociable enough, you wouldn’t be able to build working relationships with different creators that we worked with.
And lastly, being proactive. I believe this is an important trait because in every campaign there will be challenges and hurdles along the way. And i think, it is a must, that we are foreseeing the possible scenarios that might happen so that we are prepared when those scenarios happened just to avoid delays and still continue a smooth process of work
7) What is one AnyMind platform that you cannot do without, and why? As an Influencer Marketing executive, it is the Anytag platform. It is for this reason that the Anytag platform makes our lives easier. Creating campaigns and finding KOLs especially when there are very specific requirements, we’ll just have to use the filter and then we will be able to see the best possible KOLs that fit to the requirements that we are looking for. Without the Anytag platform, I think our work will be harder and challenging.
8) What is that one favorite local food that you would like to introduce to readers?
For me, I think the local food that i’d like to introduce to the readers is the Halo-halo. It is because I feel that it is fun to eat. By just looking at it, you will see different colors that might bring joy to your eyes. And when you eat it, you will taste different flavors that will bring joy on your palate and stomach. And also, halo-halo is a good food especially during summer season. Halo-halo is fun to eat, that’s why it is the food that i’d like to introduce to the readers and hopefully they will also be able to taste it.
Want to work at AnyMind Group? Find exciting career opportunities waiting for you: AnyMind Careers