1) Please share with us your background before joining AnyMind Group Hi everyone! I’m Pearry, I came from a social media platform background (specifically at Twitter & Meta) working with media agencies to successfully execute & implement their client’s marketing campaigns. My experience working with media agency partners in running digital marketing campaigns definitely helped my transition into AnyMind Group much easier.
2) Explain like I’m five: What do you do in your role, and how does it fit into the wider range of AnyMind Group’s business? I’m an Account Manager with the Agency Business here in Singapore. This means that I work with our agency partners to provide marketing solutions to their clients. I am closely involved with helping them maximize the use of AnyMind’s technology and maintaining relationships with them in order to seek mutually beneficial partnerships. Additionally, I’m tasked with growing our accounts in Singapore by cross-selling/up-selling other solutions from AnyMind, increasing our revenue with existing clients and seeking new business with new clients. Essentially, growing our sales revenue and eventually growing the agency business and team for AnyMind Group.
3) How has your time been at AnyMind so far? What are the things that stand out to you about the company? It’s been a wild journey thus far. Met a lot of clients, participated in 2 client-outreach events, and started handling campaigns on my own, all while learning about the company’s products and solutions. The one thing that stood out the most to me was the open culture of the company: anything to get the job/task done. There are no bureaucratic processes but we can go directly to who will be able to solve the problem no matter the seniority. Colleague-wise, everyone is super friendly and welcoming, it’s great forming relationships and connections not just with clients but with fellow colleagues too (both in Singapore and overseas offices).
4) How is it like working as part of your local team and also as part of the wider regional unit? For now, it’s just me and my immediate superior – Mr Faraz Khan. So the scope is pretty flexible between us, especially when it comes to support. I look forward to the day that the Singapore Agency Team expands. Regionally, the other teams in other markets are super supportive and encouraging, I’ve worked with teams across POKKT, product, and influencer marketing around the globe and we all have an end goal for the growth of AnyMind Group. One interesting habit of the team is that some of them are very attentive to every detail, having to seek confirmation from me every time a small adjustment is required from the client. I believe that it’s always good to check in to ensure that the task is completed for the client on time and successfully.
5) What are some key traits that you feel people in your role should have, and why? One KEY Trait that ALL Agency Account Managers need to encompass is definitely relationships. “Relationship, relationship, relationship,” is what Faraz always emphasizes to me. Our role (like most roles) is not a one-person show. We leverage the expertise of other members in the wider team. It’s important to be open and flexible not only with external clients but with my colleagues as well.
Other additional traits would be being empathetic with partners, and knowing when and how to best support them in order to elevate or maintain that good working relationship with our agency partners. As well as knowing how and when to push and close the deal. And as always, see how best to maximize the revenue with the business that we’ve garnered.
6) What is an often misunderstood aspect of your role? I’ve been told that my role is a role that just rubs shoulders with agency folks over drinks, having dinner and coffee all the time.
Whilst forming great meaningful relationships with agency partners is very important, there’s a lot more work, sweat and coordination that happens behind the scenes apart from just entertaining clients.
7) What is one AnyMind platform that you cannot do without, and why? It’s definitely going to be our AnyTag platform. It has a wide range of metrics and information that’ll be useful for any influencer marketing question that you might have. It’s user-friendly and will be able to showcase specifically the type of Influencers that you’re looking for. Definitely, a platform to get your hands on!
8) What is that one favorite local food that you would like to introduce to readers? Thanks to the Singapore team here at AnyMind, I’ve been introduced to a plethora of hidden gems around the CBD area. My favorite spot will definitely be the Port of Singapore Authority (PSA) building – Ann’s Gourmet Place. Their Har Cheong Gai is a definite must-try. It’s a prawn-paste chicken with a huge serving at an affordable price. Highly recommended.
Keen on starting your #AnyMindJourney? Find a role that you’re interested in here.