1) Please share with us your background before joining AnyMind Group I graduated from UTAR with a 1st class degree in International Business and joined a digital marketing company as a Digital Marketer which specializes in Google Ads, Facebook Ads, SEO as well as website development & design for more than a year. I’ve always had a passion for marketing and am always anticipating what the industry holds for me.
2) Explain like I’m five: What do you do in your role, and how does it fit into the wider range of AnyMind Group’s business? I’m currently working in the Publisher Growth team, which focuses on equipping publishers in Malaysia with AnyManager, our proprietary technology to help publishers grow. My area of focus is on web publishers, providing them with rich media formats, page monetization and strategy development, and more. We are also always looking to introduce new ways for publishers to monetize, such as the implementation of HTML5 games through AnyManager. With a big team in AnyMind that holds a relatively important role in the funnel, I work closely with the Digital Marketing team & regional team in order to support them for any client’s campaign.
As simple as it may sound, I’m a bridge between our internal team with the publishers in Malaysia. This would make the communication flow smoother means that we can support clients in a more holistic way!
3) How has your time been at AnyMind so far? What are the things that stand out to you about the company? I am having so much fun in AnyMind where the learning curve is exponentially exciting and the team is constantly offering help & guidance to make the working environment fun. With the young & vibrant culture, it makes everything less boring!
4) How is it like working as part of your local team and also as part of the wider regional unit? My daily routine involves a huge amount of back & forth communication with the local team and regional team. With the difference in working cultures as well as time zone differences, sometimes it can be frustrating. However, with the quirks that are common in the young working culture of AnyMind – helpful & cheerful, it just solves most of the problems! I am really thankful for the fact that despite the differences, everyone in AnyMind works as one.
5) What are some key traits that you feel people in your role should have, and why? I think the key traits that one should have, despite of role, are responsibility and accountability. In order to ensure that the client’s deadlines are met, KPIs are achieved, and objectives are aligned, it’s important to be responsible & accountable for any projects.
It is also crucial for one in my role to have communication skills and empathy as we are dealing with people from different teams, and publishers from different industries on a daily basis. Without communicating properly, nothing can be done!
6) What is an often misunderstood aspect of your role? When it comes to Publishers, people may think: “Oh, it’s easy! They just write & publish.” he facts are the total opposite. There are a lot of behind-the-scenes happenings in order for one article to be published. At the same time, as we are working with publishers to optimize their ad inventory & page monetization, the setup & preparation works are not as easy as it may sound.
7) What is one AnyMind platform that you cannot do without, and why? AnyManager would be the main platform that our department solely relies on as it enables us to monitor the performance of the ad units as well as keep track of the performance of each site. Publishers also use it self-serve, and they can tap on features for UI/UX improvement, content creation and more.
8) What is that one favourite local food that you would like to introduce to readers? To be honest, having a Malaysian taste bud, I cannot pinpoint what would my favourite be, because I love’em all! However I would say, you should definitely try out Nasi Kandar. With a mixture of everything that you would like (pick yourself), and having the rice “banjir” – soaked with curry, it is out of the world!
Keen on starting your #AnyMindJourney? Find a role that you’re interested in here.