1) Please share with us your background before joining AnyMind Group Before I became a part of AnyMind Group, I worked as a strategy planner and a marketer where my main responsibilities were reading performance trends, analyzing data, along with planning and executing marketing activities.
However, with the rise of the digital age, I realized that I needed to upskill myself in the field of digital marketing to stay relevant and competitive.
Joining AnyMind Group has allowed me to put my digital marketing skills into practice and support campaigns for a wide range of clients and continue to grow as a digital marketing professional.
2) Explain like I’m five: What do you do in your role, and how does it fit into the wider range of AnyMind Group’s business? As a digital marketing strategist, we help brands to discover opportunities through digital strategy development and executions across different digital platforms, such as the AnyDigital Premium Marketplace. In simple terms, we often come up with ideas on how to make our clients products look interesting and exciting, so that more people will want to learn about it and maybe even try it out!
Apart from that, we help clients by making sure everything they need is ready and available: We make sure everyone has what they need to do their job well!
You can think of a digital marketing strategist as a coach who helps the business improve its online “game” and score more “points” in terms of clicks, sales, and other important metrics.
However, in order to achieve that result, all the cross-functional teams have to work hand in hand. The Digital Marketing team needs the support of creative images or videos to attract audiences’ attention, and this is where our creator team comes into the picture. We also work with our teammates in Hanoi to ensure there are no hiccups on the tech side. Each and everyone of us are always helping each other and have each other’s backs!
We leave no one behind, and are always supportive and positive!
3) How has your time been at AnyMind so far? What are the things that stand out to you about the company? Joining AnyMind Group has been fun and challenging. I love how we are moving as a team, going through thick and thin together and leaving no one behind. Working with young, friendly, and supportive colleagues always inspires me to have new ideas and makes me feel energetic. I appreciate the openness to sharing ideas and collaborating towards the achievement of our common goals.
4) How is it like working as part of your local team and also as part of the wider regional unit? Working with the local team has always been wonderful. Despite our diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds, we work together in perfect harmony and always respect one another. They have a deep understanding of the local culture, which can be helpful in strategizing campaigns that resonate with the target audience and offer insights into market trends and consumer behavior that may be unique to the market.
When it comes to working with the regional team,they have always been incredibly supportive. Despite the challenges of time differences and potential language barriers, they are always willing to lend a helping hand. They are always willing to share their expertise and insights to help the team succeed.
All in all, having a supportive team (apart from the right technology) is one of the key factors for success in marketing.
5) What are some key traits that you feel people in your role should have, and why? As a Digital Marketing Strategist, being knowledgeable about the digital world is crucial.
The top three key traits of Digital Marketing Strategists are:
Strategic thinking: To develop a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that aligns with the overall business goals and objectives.
Communication skills: Be like a skilled translator who can speak both tech and human languages. We need to explain complex digital marketing concepts in simple terms that everyone can understand, and work together with clients and team members towards the same goals.
Analytical skills: A digital marketing strategist should be able to analyze digital marketing data to spot trends, find patterns, and discover ways to improve the business’s online marketing performance.
6) What is an often misunderstood aspect of your role? People often think our job is all about numbers, but it’s not just about that. Yes, that’s part of our role for monitoring and analyzing campaign performance, but we also have to come up with digital strategies and plan for execution. From time to time, we have to educate and update clients on the latest digital trends too.
7) What is one AnyMind platform that you cannot do without, and why? AnyDigital is the platform that I find the most indispensable. Without this platform, I would not be able to obtain real-time performance results and analyze the progress of ongoing campaigns.
8) What is that one favourite local food that you would like to introduce to readers? APAM BALIK! If you have a sweet tooth like me, Apam balik is a must-try dessert! It is a pancake sprinkled with crushed peanuts and corn. You can easily find it at any night market aka pasar malam.
Keen on starting your #AnyMindJourney? Find a role that you’re interested in here.